A self proclaimed skin junkie, Beyonce’s make-up artist, Sir John, approaches makeup with a holistic approach to health. He suggests drinking Kale to prepare your skin for top condition. Kale has Vitamin A and K. Vitamin A plays a pivotal role in repairing tissues underneath your skin and prevents damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin K serves as a powerful ingredient in many skin care products and helps get rid of tired looking dark circles under your eyes.
Here is a great Kale smoothie recipe that is tasty and will have your skin glowing in no time.
Kale Glowing Skin Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water (great for hydrating skin)
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender like Vitamix or NutriBullet
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Add more coconut water if it’s too thick.