5 Things You Need To Do Before Going Under The Knife
According to a recent survey conducted by RealSelf.com, 1 in 5 women are actively and strongly pursuing plastic surgery.
Although it doesn’t seem to mean much on its own, it is important for every woman out there to know what you should ask your surgeon before going under the knife.
An NBC news report revealed that medical professionals nationwide have taken notice of the increase in women seeking cosmetic procedures. As a result, these medical professionals are eager to break into the multi-million dollar business.
A growing number of family practioners, gynecologist, and even dentists are going the extra mile as to take weekend courses so that they can expand their practice to include cosmetic procedures. Think about this for a second, are a handful of weekend workshops enough? Licensed dermatologists say no.
“You don’t learn this in a weekend,” says Dr. Jerome Potozkin.
Dr. John Martin, a Miami-based cosmetic and plastic surgeon couldn’t agree more. The medical pro spoke with FashionTimes and listed out the top five things anyone planning to get a procedure should ask in a consultation prior to the procedure.
1. Check credentials, ask about their experience, how long they have been practicing, where they went to medical school. Do not be embarrassed to ask these questions, it is extremely important to know if your doctor is legitimate and not practicing with a fake license.
2. Clear out any doubt! Prioritize what bothers you the most and ask your doctor to explain to you the benefits and projected results.
3. Learn more about what is being done to you. Ask about the differences/benefits of surgery vs. non-surgical rejuvenation and what they suggest for what you want to achieve.
4. Set yourself a budget! Be upfront about your budget and ask what can be done within it.
5. Ask about what downtime is required for the procedure.
Source: Fashion Times